Tuesday 15 June 2010

www.felineguitars.com.



This is a slight twist; it’s a caricature - only not of a human being. My buddy Jonathan Law over at www.felineguitars .com asked me to come up with a whimsical but striking print and internet advertisement. Both to pep up his summer business whilst people are pre-occupied with holidays and the world Cup 2010 and to try to develop a character that they can use in further Ad’ campaigns.




I decided to use a ‘Les paul’ (or ‘Lion’ series- guitar) as feline hand build extremely high quality versions of these with aflame maple top and hand carved heel joint. They are becoming more and more known for these instruments so it made the most sense to focus on this guitar as the main character



I tinted the image using very bold, bright colours as summer time suggests intense light and deep shadows. Also this creates a cheery optimistic mood that makes people think about summer holidays past and present.


Here’s the final version, there are still some contact details to be added for the print version but I’m happy with the composition, I don’t feel that it’s too cluttered.

Jon was delighted with this cartoon and I’m look forward to developing this character in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment